On this day in 2016, Young Voices officially incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Two years later, our programs have grown by leaps and bounds, and we’re more excited about the future than ever.
Here’s a few highlights from the past year:
- We’ve published 393 op-eds — an average exceeding one per day.
- We’ve placed 91 radio and TV interview hits — a major expansion of our broadcast outreach.
- We’ve helped Advocates like John Dale Grover take the next step in his career: “I was hired as an assistant editor at The National Interest on the strength of my experiences, especially my articles and TV appearances through Young Voices. If it weren’t for the opportunities I’ve had as an Advocate, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
But, we’re just getting started! We’ve got exciting plans for the year ahead including:
- Accepting new writers to our roster of Advocates. Applications are now open!
- Giving away an award with the Reason Foundation at FreedomFest to recognize an excellent libertarian writer under 30 — the Young Voices Award.
- Honing our writers’ advocacy skills with the launch of issue-specific policy fellowships. Stay tuned for updates!
None of this would have been possible without the support of our donors and partners. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! Together, we will make the next two years even bigger for our network of young writers for liberty.